About Us and our Caregivers for Seniors
We Love Our Sarasota, Venice, and Bradenton, FL Seniors!
Debra Fortosis founded Elite Family Care in 2010. Debra recognized the need for a locally owned company that understands the needs of seniors and families in our area. Family members of many Sarasota seniors live in other states. Other family members live locally but have extremely busy schedules. Our caregivers offer seniors the comfort of remaining in their own homes as well as enjoying as active a lifestyle as they wish. At Elite Family Care we provide reliable, safe, and compassionate caregivers for both seniors and children. Our passion is the safety and well-being of your family members.
A native of Sarasota, Debra is married, with two children and five grandchildren. She has over
twenty years of experience in corporate America as a business executive working with Fortune 500 companies. Her professional background serves her well as she enjoys what she does best: offering outstanding customer care and providing quality caregivers to two of our most cherished groups: seniors and children.
Tiffany Turrell is an experienced administrative assistant with an extensive background in customer service. Tiffany is married with one daughter and enjoys spending time with her family. She believes in being a positive example to others. Please feel free to call her anytime with any questions that you may have regarding our services!
To advocate for and protect seniors and children by providing the highest quality of trained caregivers who offer a caring, and safe environment for your loved ones.
We match families with screened, compassionate, trained, and reliable caregivers for seniors and children. We maintain the highest standards of professional conduct by promoting the physical and emotional well- being of those in our care, as well as respecting and supporting families in the nurturing of their loved ones.
Our responsible, experienced caregivers are members of the local community; familiar with the resources available in our area of Florida. Care services are available 24/7, every day of the year, including holidays.
Senior Companion Services Include:
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Discuss current and historical events
- Reminisce about the past
- Play games and cards, participate in crafts
- Aid with reading
- Stimulate mental awareness
- Record family history
- Assist with entertaining
- Provide respite care
- Plan visits, outings and trips
- Visit neighbors and friends
- Maintain calendar
- Arrange appointments
- Provide reminders for appointments
- Monitor diet and eating
- Prepare grocery lists
- Clip coupons for shopping
- Check expiration of foods
- Provide medication reminders
- Aid with morning and wake-up
- Help with clothing selection
- Assist with evening and tuck-in
- Assist with walking
- Organize and mail bills and letters
- Supervise home maintenance and home deliveries
- Care for houseplants
Home Helper Services Include:
- Provide Alzheimer’s Care
- Assist with household tasks
- Help with laundry and ironing
- Take out garbage
- Make beds and change linens
- Dust furniture
- Organize and clean closets
- Plan, prepare and clean up meals
- Shop for groceries and supplies
- Prepare future meals
- Help with errands
- Drop off and pick up dry cleaning
- Pick up prescriptions
- Assist with pet care
- Escort to appointments and events
- Accompany to lunch or dinner
- Escort for shopping and errands
- Escort to religious services
Personal Services Assistance
- Medication reminders
“I am very appreciative of the services Elite Family Care provides for my dad. Debra pays special attention to details and offers quality, individualized care. She has hired wonderful caregivers who love my dad’s company but are also thorough and attentive to his needs. They do some housekeeping chores and cooking, run errands and drive him to appointments and events. They monitor him when he takes his medications and make sure he is physically safe at all times.
I feel that my dad is receiving the best possible home care. I trust and highly recommend the Elite Family Care agency.~Margaret